Re: Restricted shell

From: Tim Brumfield (tbrumfield@MMRS.STATE.MS.US)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 16:00:53 EST

We put the userid / password in a dataset that is restricted. The dataset is
referenced in the JCL, but with the correct restrictions no one can browse the
dataset to see the password. We ftp data to unix server, execute a load script
to load data to DB2, execute an audit script, ftp the outfile from the audit
script back to mvs, use a natural pgm to compare audits - if they match get an
RC:0000, if not gets an abend.

--
Tim Brumfield
Database Administrator