Re: Cloning paging space question

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 05:33:34 EST

What you need to do is run mkszfile first. You can then edit this to reduce
the size of the paging spaces in the "lv_data:" stanzas. Finally, run
mksysb *without* the "-i" flag.

If you have several paging spaces, then you could remove one entirely, but I
think I'd prefer to reduce its size so that you don't have to change
/etc/swapspaces.

Another option you might consider if space is a problem is to change the
"loggical_volume_policy:" stanza to "SHRINK= yes". This won't affect paging
spaces but will reduce the sizes of the rootvg filesystems. Obviously this
may be a nuisance later, so you'll probably have to add more space to /tmp
and /var at least after the restore.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe

<SNIP>