DB2 post-install questions?

From: Greg Breuer (breuerg@MISSOURI.EDU)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 17:53:23 EST

We have just installed DB2 on AIX using the setup script. It created
all the default users. When I log in as db2as, a ksh user, and run
'env' I noticed none of the db2profile actions have taken place
(frome the .profile in $HOME.) PATH is not updated, LIBPATH is
unmodified, we cannot create databases because SQL and its PATHs are
not enabled.

We're newbies at this. Can anyone give us a gentle push? What needs
to be done after the install is done? Should I copy the code from
db2profile to $HOME/.profile? Does anyone know of a third party
cookbook or white paper. What list servs are good to subscribe to?

--
Greg Breuer
 From the home front