Re: oracle (?) problem

From: support (support@xiatecs.net)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 14:56:49 EST

Hi Holger,

Following what I found on Metalink regarding the error you getting. it seems
like a bug. I will suggest first to make sure that you environment variable
are set correctly and you are connected to the correct Database. try using
the second control file when starting up the database if you have one. At
the end if none works check some bug fixes that are related to the ora-600
internal error you are getting.

XiaTecs Support Team

support@xiatecs.net <mailto:support@xiatecs.net>

www.xiatecs.net <http://www.xiatecs.net>

PURPOSE:

  This article discusses the internal error "ORA-600 [17585]", what

  it means and possible actions. The information here is only applicable

  to the versions listed and is provided only for guidance.

ERROR:

  ORA-600 [17585][a][b][c][d][e]

VERSIONS:

  versions 8.0.X to 8.1.X

  This is a heap corruption in the large pool.

  This exception can occur during direct I/O operations such as

  create index in parallel.

  The ORA-600 triggers when an inconsistency is detected in the

  kernel generic file i/o data structures.

FUNCTIONALITY:

  KERNEL DIRECT FILE I/O

IMPACT:

  PROCESS FAILURE

  MEMORY CORRUPTION

  NON DATA CORRUPTIVE - No underlying data corruption.

SUGGESTIONS:

  Consider disabling io slaves if asynch_io is present.

  Reference bug 762490
<http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_id=7
62490&p_database_id=BUG> fixed in release 8.0.6 and higher.

Problem Description:

====================

The following messages appear at regular intervals in the Alert.log file,

without any accompanying errors spooled:

    Thu May 17 18:50:54 2001

    Timed out trying to start shared server I101.

    Thu May 17 18:53:00 2001

    Timed out trying to start shared server I101.

    Thu May 17 18:55:07 2001

    Timed out trying to start shared server I101.

Solution Description:

=====================

The following event can assist in suppressing these messages, which can
happen

because of an underlying operating system IO slave problem:

    event = "10281 trace name context forever, level 300"

This event should be set in the database init.ora, and the database should
then

be restarted.

Explanation:

============

The above message can be displayed if IO slaves creation timeout occurs.
Oracle

by default waits 120 seconds for an IO slave to 'kick off'. If this
threshold

of waiting is reached, the above messages will be spooled in the alert.log.
The

wait in seconds for IO slave creation can be extended to a larger value in

seconds to suppress these messages, but this will not resolve the problem
that

is preventing the IO slaves from starting up. Spooling of new IO slaves
happens

at the operating system level and should be addressed with your specific

operating system vendor.

[BUG:762490]
<http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_id=7
62490&p_database_id=BUG> ORA-7445 CORE DUMP [11]. ORA-600 [17585], ORA-600
[17586]

Additional Search Words