Re: AIX4 to AIX5 upgrade

From: Clifton, Pablo (Pablo.Clifton@BCBSFL.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 11:56:34 EST

Dave-

I haven't see a "5L Upgrade Guide" either- but i've done quite a few
"migration installs" without a problem from CD and NIM. Is there someting
specific your concerned about?

here are some notes i made for our environment AFTER the UPDATE is complete
(not sure if that helps now :)...

HOUSEKEEPING STEPS AFTER 5L UPGRADE
remove /u link to /home
run "automount" to update automounter
lsof for 5.1 needs to be installed
turn off 64bit emulation mode "smitty load64bit"

-pablo