Re: Migrating portions 3 LV from one PV to another

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 08:48:38 EST

That all looks OK, except that you can run migratepv whilst filesystems are
still mounted and in use. And when you delete the disk, remember to remove
both the hdisk and the pdisk. (ssaxlate -l hdiskxx will tell you the pdisk
number, if you're in any doubt.)

When you add the new disk, (cfgmgr -l ssar), it will get the lowest
available pdisk and hdisk numbers. That will probably be the ones freed up
by deleting the defective disk, unless you have some gaps.

There were some posts earlier this year about adding disks with specific
hdisk; it's not terribly difficult, should it prove necessary. Personally,
I never bother.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe