Migrating portions 3 LV from one PV to another

From: Wesley Joyce (Wesley.Joyce@UVI.EDU)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 08:35:16 EST

Hello list members. I want to migrate the contents of one failing PV to
another PV. There are 3 LVs that are each partly on the failing PV in
question. The LVs are not mirrored. The failing PV will be swapped with a
new PV, there is no room for an additional PV in the 7133. I have an
unused PV and will be replacing the failing PV in the near future.

I believe the solution is -
umount the file systems on the respective LVs that are on the source PV,
extendvg -f vg01 sparepv,
migratepv failingpv sparepv,
reducevg vg01 failingpv,
rmdev -l failingpv -d,
physically remove the disk from 7133 drawer,
add new SSA disk to 7133,
run cfgmgr,
migratepv sparepv newpv,
reducevg vg01 sparepv

Am I missing anything? How do I keep the same h and pdisk numbers there
were used by the failingpv on the newpv? Do I want to run the migratepv
command as stated above, or should I run migratepv -l lv failingpv sparepv
for each lv?

Thanks,
Wes