Re: AIX 5.2 doesn't support "old" machines?

From: Dave.Zarnoch@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 08:22:32 EST

Does anyone have the list of hardware that AIX5l doesn't support?

Thanks!

Dave Zarnoch
UNIX Systems Engineer
SunGard eSourcing
600 Laurel Oak Rd.
Voorhees, NJ 08043
Dave.Zarnoch@sungard.com

                      "Green, Simon"
                      <SGreen@KRAFTEURO To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      PE.COM> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Re: AIX 5.2 doesn't support "old" machines?
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      11/13/2002 06:17
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

It's been discussed on here in the past.
I've been aware that it was going to happen for a few years. i.e. Some
unspecified AIX5l release would not support older machines, although I'd
only heard specific mention of MCA hardware.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe