Antwort: Re: mwc and jfslog

From: fmu@OERAG.DE
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 07:41:02 EST

Hi *,
      I think also, which is not necessary to enable mwc for a jfslog. But
what is, when the application need this "commit"?
I think, that you can change mwc for jfslogs to off, but it is necessary to
start a 'syncvg -f -l <jfslogname> to sync the log after a crash. So it
isn't a problem, because the log isn't big and it needs no time.

Frank Mueller

That's true. And even if the "wrong" copy of the
jfslog was used to sync the other one, it wouldn't
matter -- the only operation in the jfslog that would
result in a "lost" transaction would be the 'commit'
-- and then only if the transaction had really
completed, so no problem ... [overly simplistic, I
realize.]