Re: mwc and jfslog

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 05:30:05 EST

after further reading I assume the following:

when booting after a crash, lvm cannot determine with copy of a LP has the latest data. mwc is only used to determine which copies are out of sync and to synchronize the copies.

when booting, the jfslog is read once and after that (when mounting the fs read/write) its empty. no need to synchronize copies.

sounds reasonable to me... but can anyone confirm?