Re: Poor performance with very high runqueue

From: support (support@xiatecs.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 20:50:12 EST

Hi Simon,

The recommendation from IBM about the number of runqueue not to exceed 10
time number of CPUs. In you server case it should not exceed 20. In the
other node case it should not exceed 40, as it is 4-ways, so 6 to 14 sound
reasonable. However, I personally seen poor performance on half of those
numbers specially on OLTP system with high updates. Therefore I usually take
5 times number of CPUs.

XiaTecs Support Team
support@xiatecs.net
www.xiatecs.net