FW: FYI on RS/6000 APARs

From: Steve Argersinger (sargersi@RUAN.COM)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 12:30:12 EST

Just the other day (late last week) I received this from some folks doing a
wellness study from us. In going through IBM website, I can't find anything
that has been put out there any more recent than 10/30. Does anybody know
what my e-mail below might be referring to and/or where I might be able to
get these fixes.

Steve Argersinger
Ruan Transportation

Received the following today from one of the Internet security groups:

"AIX admins will be busy this week; IBM released a batch of new
security-related APARs. A few new bugs will let local attackers gain root
privileges."

Might pass that along to whoever maintains the RS/6000's as these will
likely begin to show up in our future vulnerability scans. Give them a
heads-up if you would.