Re: AIX Fast-Connect and win2000

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 14:09:28 EST

Troy,

Samba on AIX does have the smbclient that will allow you to operate on a
windows share kinda like an ftp session, but will not mount it.

AIX 5.2 has a cifs file system capability and is probably just fast connect
or a derivative of it.

Maybe thats the fileset you are referring to? (bos.cifs_fs)

Kevin Adams