Time reset on servers automagically

From: Dave.Zarnoch@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 12:29:44 EST

Folks,

We had a problem with Daylight Savings Time last week.

The system did not automatically reset the time, we did it through SMIT.

I know.....I saw the notification not to use SMIT after we used it.

Sometime last week, the time reset itself again to be an hour off.

One of our techs restarted xntpd to run to keep it synced until we can get
a reboot

The question is:

I did not see anything in any of the logs telling me when or why the server
reset the time
without our intervention.

Is there a process that does some sort of checking and resets?

Also, xntpd died on the servers sometime last week but I did not get any
errors in the logs.

Thanks!