Re: AIX fast connect and win2000

From: Darryl Ousterhout (D.Ousterhout@LABSAFETY.COM)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 14:35:44 EST

Is the user an actual AIX user? Also the user has to be defined to the Fast
Connect server. For testing I created an AIX user called 'fast' and gave him
a share directory of /u/fast. Make sure your server process is up and
running.

Share Name Share Type Path Name/Queue Name Share Description
---------- ---------- --------------------
-----------------
FAST File /u/fast Fast
Connect Test User Share

I normally connect mapping a drive through Windows Explorer. If your server
is up and running, you have an AIX user and password defined to Fast
Connect, along with a share path, you shouldn't have a problem.

One other thing you might want to consider is fully qualifying your share
name.

Like: <file://\\hostname.domain.com\> \\hostname.domain.com\<share name>

Regards,
Darryl