Re: AIX fast connect and win2000

From: Tom Syroid (tom@SYROIDMANOR.COM)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 11:17:34 EST

Shekhar,

While I can't provide a direct answer to your query, IMHO using FastConnect
for Windows file sharing is not the best approach. I've tried FastConnect
on several occasions and found it woefully inadequate in contrast to Samba.
My AIX server has been running Samba for three years now, and once I got a
good working configuration, I haven't touched anything since (and I'm even
running an Alpha of Samba 3.0 at this time). I can connect to the box with
any variant of Windows I choose, without fuss or effort.

The latest Samba releases fixed some key problems with Windows 2000/XP
connectivity, and unfortunately, IBM has not keep their FastConnect product
current with these changes.

Best,
/tom

--On Thursday, October 31, 2002 10:53:01 -0500 Shekhar Dhotre