Re: SSADLOAD -u did not upgrade hard disk firmware

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 06:04:25 EST

I had a problem last year when updating a lot of microcode on some older
disks. ssadload -u updated most of them, but not all. I found that
updating the microcode individually for the remaining disks worked OK. I
did it through the SSA Service Aid menus, but you can use ssadload -d. You
need to know which code level you're trying to install for each particular
disk. You can find this from the IBM SSA web site, (where you downloaded
the microcode from).

I'm not sure why this happened, but when I was checking all the details of
the affected drives, (lscfg -vl pdiskX) I found that it didn't _quite_ match
any of the drives in the table. It was clear enough which code level was
needed in each case, though.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe