Re: Help spec'ing out a new server

From: support (support@xiatecs.net)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 19:41:56 EDT

Hi,

When you say the CPU utilization is at 100% what is the break down of the
utilization in US% SY% and WIO% (vmstat output would be helpful). Also if
you can post the output of the highest processes that utilizing the CPU :

ps aux | grep -v kproc | sort -r -k 3 | head

Regarding your new system in mind 6H1. I will personally go with the 6x750
MHz CPUs. As I find, from experience working with Oracle, that it need a lot
of CPU.

XiaTecs Support Team
support@xiatecs.net
www.xiatecs.net