Re: Paging Space Question

From: Robert Shannon (rowish@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 11:01:43 EDT

I'd have to check to be certain, but I think that
"lsps -a" will only show the SIZE of the paging
logical volume, while "lsps -s" will show what's
actually active. A swapon command (swapon
/dev/pagingXX) should correct the problem -- that's
all a reboot is doing.

Robert

--- "Green, Simon" <SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM> wrote:
> I don't know where nmon is getting its information
> from, but if lsps shows
> 2GB paging space, that's what you've got. A reboot
> might sort out nmon, but
> the extra paging space is already available.
>
> Simon Green
> Philip Morris ITSC Europe
>
> AIX-L Archive at
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2
> AIX FAQ at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/aix-faq/
>
> N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will seldom be
> appreciated.

=====
Robert Shannon . rowish @ yahoo.com
Sometimes that road is less traveled for a reason.