Re: rsh question

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 07:47:24 EDT

I've done this in the past by enclosing the double quotes in single quotes.

e.g. rsh systemx command '"param1"' '"param2"'

I think that would work if you just put the entire command inside single
quotes:

e.g. rsh systemx 'command "param1" "param2"'

If you want to use local variables instead of hard-coding the parameters,
then
the only way I could come up with was to use echo.

e.g. echo rsh systemx command \'\"$param1\"\'

I usually write it to another file, then run that; it gives me a chance to
check
that the first script has done what I expected.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe