IMAP Problem.

From: Paul Walsh (Paul@BHAILE.NET)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 04:24:12 EDT

Hi Everyone,

I posted a message a couple of weeks ago regarding problems using IMAP, I'm still struggling to get it working, in fact I'm no further on.

1. I've enabled imapd in inetd.conf and done the telnet tests to ensure that I can connect. Which works fine.
2. Using the command "examine /usr/spool/mail/imaptest" I can see the headers.
3. I assume (oops - bad call) that everything is fine and configure Outlook Express to point to the IMAP server.
4. When I check mail on the IMAP server I download the headers successfully.
5. Once I try to download the message completely OE noitifies me that the message is no longer on the server.

Is anyone successfully running an IMAP server off an RS (oops... pSeries) running AIX 4.3.3?
Do I need to configure anything else? I notice in other IMAP implementations they run with SSL etc.... My take on this is since it is only local on this machine I shouldn't need to configure anything else to make this work.

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks.
Paul.