HACMP Question

From: Dearman, Richard (rdearm1@UIC.EDU)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 10:38:27 EDT

I have 3 two node clusters and I was thinking of splitting them up.
Basically I wanted to take one node from each cluster and move it offsite to
another building. All of our buildings are on the same networks and we also
share a common SAN fabric. So the storage will still be available if the
first node fails.

Does anyone see a problem with this type of setup from and hacmp point of
view. I noticed none of the redbooks for hacmp mention anything about
failover between locations. I know an rs232 connection cann't be used but
they can still have tcpip communications. I know IBM has a product called
hago but why purchase that product if hacmp works.

Thanks in advance
Brian
email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of th individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for
delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
delete it and notify the sender or contact Health Information Management
312.996.3941.