how to calculate memory utilization on a AIX box

From: Habeebulla Suhail (suhail@ALRAJHIBANK.COM.SA)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 07:18:03 EDT

Hi all,

I have to give a system resources utilization report to my management,
on a weekly basis.

I have written some scripts to collect data. For CPU utilization I'm
using sar and for memory utilization I'm using vmstat.

I'm just using the free mem column and getting an average value. Then
calculating the percentage from total real memory of the system.

My question:
1. Is it correct what I'm doing for memory utilization?
2. Can someone give a URL name where I can get more information on how
to calculate memory utilization on AIX boxes?

Regards,

Habeebulla Suhail