Re: p610

From: Bart Schaerrer (bart_schaerrer@BYU.EDU)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 19:21:52 EDT

We have five p610 servers in our data center. I love them.
They're pretty speedy for their size, quick to install, and
easy to maintain. Best IBM rack mounting configuration yet
(on drawer gliders - you can slide the thing clear out of
the rack and take the top off while it's still running)!

Drawback (for us): only six hotswap disks. You can mount
some non-swappable disks inside - but that's just asking for
downtime at some point.

Finally, remember these are entry level servers. While we
do run our Oracle development instances on one of them, make
sure your needs match the level of processing that they
offer. All else equal - these servers are great!

-----
Bart Schaerrer
Systems Admin / DBA
BYU Continuing Education