XTerm (eXceed) failed

From: fmu@OERAG.DE
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 07:55:28 EDT

Hi,
      we have some problems with XTerm (eXceed). The start from a XTerm on
my Windows NT box failed.
It works on all SP-nodes but on one node I get:

rexecd: 0826-604 The login is not correct.

I don't change any configurations (/etc/hosts, /etc/hosts.equiv, etc.) on
the AIX-node. Last week it runs fine without any additional entries. But I
try to edit the /etc/hosts and make an entry for the windows-box (I find
some hints and tips in the mailing list). No success.
I test a ping and a telnet from Windows box to the AIX-node and from
AIX-node to to the Windows-box. This works in both directions fine.

What can I check?

Best regards,
Frank Mueller