Re: RS/6000 F50 Disk capacity question

From: Reiss David IT751 (ext-CDI) (david.reiss@SIEMENS.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 15:08:05 EDT

I am pretty sure that an F50 has either 16 or 18 internal drive bays. I
don't have an F50 anymore to check this on though. Also, I think you will
have trouble finding 9.1 GB drives. Heck, I was just looking for internal
drives for some old RS/6000's and I could find 18.2 GB disks, but they were
more expensive than the 36 GB ones we found, and the 72 GB were only like
$50-$100 more than the 18''s.

David N. Reiss
TSM Support Engineer
david.reiss@swpc.siemens.com