Re: Script to extend lv and fs

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 05:28:46 EDT

You must make your own decision, of course, but I think that automatically
extending filesystems is a bad idea. If you get a runaway application,
writing an enormous log file or something like that you could end up with it
rapidly using all of your disk space.

We use Patrol to monitor filesystem capacity, with alarms set well in
advance of them filling up so that a real person can take a look a decide
how much - if any - extra space is needed.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe