p660=64bit cpu?and aix 4.3.3= 32bit?

From: William Liu (borgliu@mail2000.com.tw)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 03:02:44 EDT

deal all:

in IBM web, It say p660 using RS64 IV 64 bit cpu
but I rememver aix 4.3.3 is 32bit OS, right?

as 32bit os, the memory address limit is 4GB,
but p660(and many other server) can install more than 4GB memory.

How can 32bit OS can handle more than 4GB memory?

because if it can't handle, install more than 4GB is meanless, right?

Is any paper or technical information talking about this?

because customer asking me why need more than 4GB memory in aix 4.3.3
(in win2k and intel base server are similar...)

thanks.