Re: Memory and swap question

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 12:03:43 EDT

Check memory tuning, as Daryl suggested.

Is the system actually paging? A lot of applications use a certain amount
of paging space either at start up or when the load changes from on-line to
batch at the end of the working day, and vice versa in the morning. This
isn't necessarily a problem.

Run vmstat 10 10 (or whatever you fancy) and see if you have anything in the
pi/po columns. If not, then you're not short of memory. If you do, then
you might be but look at vmtune first.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe