Login Threshold ?

From: Mike Whorley (Mike.Whorley@CODA.COM)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 06:20:40 EDT

All,

On my P series server running AIX 4.3.3 I seem to have reached a login
threshold. When people try to connect to the server via Telnet or FTP they
are rejected :-

india:/etc/security > telnet india
Trying...
telnet: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

On other flavours of Unix where I have come across similar behaviour it is
normally down a system parameter been reached like nproc.

Has anybody any idea what I need to check / change to alleviate this problem
?

The server has about 120 processes with only about 6 people logged on.

Regards,
Mike.

__________________________________
Mike Whorley