Re: hardware needed to install HACMP?

From: Sergio Luiz Novaes (algol@LCC.UFMG.BR)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 09:32:16 EDT

Hi Bill,

    First, the controller initiator must be different betwen the two
controllers, something like 7 for 43p_A and 6 for 43p_B, or you got a
conflict. The same for the local disk with ID's set to 0 (You have two on
the same SCSI bus).
    I think you can change the initiator on 43p_B, for example, in
Maintenance startup.

    Regarfs,

Sergio Luiz Novaes
LCC/UFMG - CENAPAD-MG/CO
Tel: +55 31 3499 5391/4910
Fax: +55 31 3499 5390

                      Bill Zhang
                      <aicc_us@YAHOO.CO To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      M> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Re: hardware needed to install HACMP?
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      09/09/2002 04:22
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

on 43p_A I set the SCSI ID 0 for the local disk (boot
disk) and ID 3 for the shared disk. the shared disk is
connected to rear panel with a ribbon cable and the
third connector is pluged in to 43p_B which local
disks IDs are set to 0 and 1. I booted up 43p_A and
can see both disks. 43p_B can't be booted up.
I'm wondering if both contrallors on these machines
can sit on one single bus. They both have SCSI ID 7 as
initiators.
         ribbon bable
    | | |
    | | |