Re: re SMIT...Print Spooling

From: Bruce Harvey (BruceH@ROUTESCAPE.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 12:07:22 EDT

First of all, run 'cancel' from the command line, after running your lpstat
command to find out the queue ID ... rather than using any SMIT interface.
This will make sure that no other 'settings' are going on while you are
doing this, and that you are using the proper interface. SMIT can
add/change/coerce/etc. in all sorts of ways ... better to use the plain
vanilla when troubleshooting.

'cancel,' I believe, is simply a different interface to 'enq,' but it is
SUPPOSED to operate in the same manner as the 'standard' cancel.

Bruce T. Harvey, Special Projects Developer
bruceh@routescape.com, www.routescape.com
Insight Distribution Systems --- Hunt Valley, MD