re SMIT...Print Spooling

From: John Dunn (john.dunn@SEFAS.CO.UK)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 12:05:53 EDT

Gurus

I have a AIX remote queue set up to point to a queue provided by 3rd party
TCP/IP to Channel software on a seperate DOS box.

I am told that the software provides an "LP daemon which fully supports RFC
1179 (the lpr protocol standard)". I am also told that I should be able to
use the Unix cancel command to cancel any jobs which I submit to this
interface.

I am submitting jobs using the lp command.

I want to use Smit...Print Spooling...Manage Print Jobs...Cancel a Print Job
to cancel jobs, but I understand that this uses enq rather than cancel and
apparently this is not supported by the 3rd party software.

However when I try to use WSM Print Queues(which appears to use cancel) to
cancel the job I get the error

5010-050 Cannot find job job_number for user ....enq: FATAL error : request
failed

Anyone got any advice?

John