Re: about aio

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 07:33:39 EDT

AIO servers are available to whatever wants them, (provided they're not
already in use), so those initial ones will be available to Oracle.

The danger with setting a high value is that your I/O system can only cope
with so much; you could overload it. Better to figure out a good value and
specify that.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe