Re: Sysback and Solaris Flash

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 05:18:01 EDT

I'm not aware of anything _easier_ than Sysback. Nor have I heard of any
new tools.

You might consider NIM. This is a standard part of AIX, (although you'll
probably have to install some extra filesets). NIM is what Sysback and
similar tools use, so using it directly might be a bit quicker.

The biggest factor IME though is hardware. Network speed, and CPU and Disk
speed on the target system will make most difference. Unless Flash is using
a rather different technique to NIM and its derivatives, or is less capable,
I wouldn't expect it to be much quicker.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe