Re: Jakarta-Tomcat

From: Sandor W. Sklar (ssklar@STANFORD.EDU)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 16:48:22 EDT

On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 10:07 AM, Aaron W Morris wrote:

> The binary installation of Jakarta Tomcat has everything you need to
> run Tomcat. Also, the binary installation of Tomcat is not platform
> specific.

That is true; however, he is trying to integrate Tomcat with Apache,
using (I'm guessing) mod_jk, which is not available in binary form, and
must be compiled for the platform it is being run on.

I've been successful on Solaris and Mac OSX, but getting mod_jk to
compile on AIX has still eluded me. Doing a quick google, I see that
I'm not alone. Google doesn't give any obvious solutions, either.

I suspect I could get it to work if I recompiled Apache from source,
but I haven't had the time to go that far, so for now, production goes
on Sun (and development goes on my Mac! :-)

Jai, if you get a definitive solution off-list, I'd appreciate it if
you would share it.

Thanks,
        -s-

> "RANGI, JAI" <JAI_RANGI@SDSTATE.EDU> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to configure Jakarta-Tomcat on AIX-5L on Apache Server.
>> Evenry part of Jakarta-Tomcat is looking for another package and
>> looks like
>> this is a big loop.
>> Has some one done this before and can some one provide me the
>> documentation
>> of How to Configure Jakarta-Tomcat for Apache on AIX. Or is there any
>> place
>> I can find all the documentation and All the packages at one place.
>> Thnaks in Advance.
>> Jai Rangi

-- --
  Sandor W. Sklar - Unix Systems Administrator - Stanford University
ITSS
  Non impediti ratione cogitationis.
http://whippet.stanford.edu/~ssklar
-- --