find of ANY case

From: cbaker@GOODYEAR.COM
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 09:28:47 EDT

Is there an easy way to search for files containing some sub-string, but
not caring if the hit has upper, lower or mixed case letters of the
sub-string.

If I do:

     for i in `cat some_word.lst`
     do
           echo ${i}
           find /somedir -name "*${i}*" -print
           echo ""
     done

I will find all files with the word from the list of words, but not if the
case does not match.

I can use "tr" and get two (or three) words per iteration that I can plug
into the find with "or" statements, but I will still not get mixed case
matches.

Is there something like a "grep -i" option? I don't think so. What
about some OpenSource or PERL "enhanced-find" command?

Thanks,

Christopher M. Baker
Senior Technical Support Analyst
DSE/TCO
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
May not be copied or disseminated without the expressed
written consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.