Re: Oracle Table Space vs JFS Space

From: John F Riordan (jriorda2@CSC.COM)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 14:05:28 EDT

Hi John
Thanks for responding. To answer your question, yes I am looking to find
the free space in the tablespace. I get reports on the filesystem space
once a week with scripts I wrote and nmon. But most of the filesystems
that the tables are on, report at 100% . When the dba's created the tables
they used the complete filesystem space.

I appreciate you looking for the script. I am trying my hand at writing an
sql statement that might get the information but it is not going very well.

Thanks again
John

John Riordan
Unix Systems Administrator
CSC/BIW DD(X)
Brunswick, ME 04011
207.442.1094 jriorda2@csc.com

                    John Jolet
                    <john.jolet To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    @MISYSHEALTHC cc:
                    ARE.COM> Subject: Re: Oracle Table Space vs JFS Space
                    Sent by: IBM
                    AIX
                    Discussion
                    List <aix-l

                    08/16/2002
                    12:10 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    IBM AIX
                    Discussion
                    List

are you needing to find out how much free space is in the tablespace, or on
the filesystem? There IS query you can run to find the free space in a
table space. If the tablespace is set up to autoallocate, it should never
fill up. You can't extend the filesystem?

I'll try to find the script I had a year or so ago to find out the free
space in the tablespace.