Oracle Table Space vs JFS Space

From: John F Riordan (jriorda2@CSC.COM)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 11:12:14 EDT

Hi All,

I'm looking to see if any of you have had to monitor data in a defined
table space residing on a filesystem. I know our Oracle dba can do this.
But they are off site and most of the table spaces have been created to the
full capacity of the filesystems. We had a full filesystem this morning
and I have been asked to include actual data size in the tables with my
weekly disk statistics. I would assume using sqlplus could extract the
data and create a text file that I could import into excel. But I don't
know enough about sqlplus. I have tried to get in touch with our Oracle
dba's but as of yet no luck. I have also looked through the list archives
but did not really find anything. We have six Oracle servers three
H-50's, an H-80, and two B80's.

Hope I did not ramble, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
John

John Riordan
Unix Systems Administrator