Re: pio/predef file for Ricoh Aficio 1045

From: Bob Booth - UIUC (booth@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 20:50:33 EDT

You might ask Ricoh support, or consult the manual to see if it 'emulates'
any of the AIX supported printers, and then define it as one of those. The
macro language for the predef files is documented, but I don't think they
really give enough examples (just me..), so it is possible to build your
own, *if* you have enough technical documentation for the printer (such as a
detailed programmers guide). If you have technical docs for the printer,
take a look at the 'Guide to Printers and Printing' in the AIX guides. It
is certainly not for the meek... I had a long battle trying to figure out
a Hitachi (Tally) DDS40, but luckily, I was able to start with a HPLJ 5si and
go from there..

good luck.

bob