Re: How can I set up aliases with dtterm?

From: Van Der Zel, W. (Willem) (WillemV@NEDCOR.COM)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 23:00:29 EDT

Simon,
        are you able to invoke dtterm -ls ?
That may help...
                        Willem J.

-----Original Message-----
From: Green, Simon [mailto:SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM]
Sent: 09 August 2002 06:05
To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Subject: How can I set up aliases with dtterm?

I want to set up some aliases.

When I log on through a simple telnet session it's not a problem. However,
I normally use Exceed and run dtterm. Even though I have
DTSOURCEPROFILE=true, and I've confirmed that my .profile is being executed,
I can't set an alias. I assume that this is because the desktop login is
actually invoking a new shell, and aliases don't get passed down like
exported variables; the only aliases I get are those predefined in the Korn
shell, e.g. history, autoload.

Putting the aliases in my .dtprofile doesn't help.

Curiously, if I log on, then issue the login command I get my aliases. But
I don't really want to do that.

Using aixterm instead of dtterm produces the same results.

How can I define aliases in this environment?

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe