AIX 4.3.3 & FAStT 700 - cannot see disk array device

From: Paul Deveau (pdeveau@UOTTAWA.CA)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 12:22:41 EDT

Hi:

I posted a couple of weeks ago about a problem I am having seeing a
defined LUN.

I have a 7025-F50 with 2 HBAs FC 6228 attached to a FAStT 700. I installed
the device drivers for type 4W & the O/S sees them as available. No errors
in errpt or with cfgmgr.

I also installed the RDAC drivers to latest levels as per FAStT Storage
Manager Installation & Support Guide for AIX, etc.

I created a LUN on the SAN but AIX does not see a disk array device, and
fget_config -Va returns a prompt.

I rmdev -Rdl the HBAs and reran cfgmgr to re-configure the adapters.
Afterwards, I ran:

$ lsdev -Cs pci | grep fcs
fcs0 Available 20-58 FC Adapter
fcs1 Available 20-60 FC Adapter

$ lsattr -El fcs0
bus_intr_lvl 9 Bus interrupt level False
intr_priority 3 Interrupt priority False
bus_io_addr 0x3fff800 Bus I/O address False
bus_mem_addr 0x17fbe000 Bus memory address False
lg_term_dma 0x200000 N/A True
max_xfer_size 0x100000 Maximum Transfer Size True
num_cmd_elems 200 Max num of COMMANDS to queue to adapter True
pref_alpa 0x1 Preferred AL_PA True
sw_fc_class 2 FC Class for Fabric True
init_link al INIT Link flags True

similar output for fcs1

$ lsattr -El fscsi0
scsi_id 0x610713 Adapter SCSI ID False
attach switch How this adapter is CONNECTED False
sw_fc_class 3 FC Class for Fabric True

$ lsattr -El fscsi1
scsi_id 0x620613 Adapter SCSI ID False
attach switch How this adapter is CONNECTED False
sw_fc_class 3 FC Class for Fabric True

Should I not automatically see a new hdisk Disk Aray Device, or is there
something else I need to do? Another command(s) I should execute?

Any sugestions? Thank you.

Paul Deveau
University of Ottawa