Fastt600 Performance

From: Yard, John (jyard@AIS.UCLA.EDU)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 16:29:50 EDT

________________________________

I have a new fastt600 direct attached to 2 h80's

( aix 4.3.3.). The fast Best Practices Guide

talks about balancing LUNs across controllers,

but when I did this with a raid device, creating

a logical volume across 2 raid devices, tests

showed the system reading not from both raid devices

at the same time, but in round robin fashion.

Thruput was not terrible, but was not exceptional

either.

Anyone have any experience or suggestions

tuning the fastt600, or other fast devices ?

Thanks,

John Yard

UCLA

John Yard

UCLA Administrative Information Systems

Distributed Platforms

Unix/Win2000 Admin/Sybase/Oracle/SqlSrvr/Networking

310-825-1725