Re: Dead FTP connections filling up wtmp

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 13:24:50 EDT

well; wtmp gets written after login
so, in any case, clients log in every 6 seconds.
there are ftp-clients at least on windows that log in for every file to
transfer - you could see this if you set syslog to debug

the old ftp-daemons on your server very probably come because the
clients crash.

I dont see anything that you can do on your side.
you could dump the traffic on port 21 (its noch much because the
transfer itself isnt done there) to help the clients fix their problems,
at least