Re: Invoke an application on windows

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 09:24:21 EDT

Back in the early 90's Insignia Solutions created a product called SoftPC which ran a PC emulator on a Unix box. They later came out
with SoftWindows which ran a Windows emulator on Unix. To my surprise it is still available (albeit in a Windows 95 version):

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPF-Insignia_SoftWindows_95_4_0_Unix_06250_4_0?cfA3F32229=YTMyNzU4OTpnb29keWVhcmludGVybmV0Oi9L8fugdI4cqWbGcfewqcc=

They also made a product that ran Windows NT on a central PC server and pushed the display out to Unix machines but unfortunately I
cannot remember the name of this product.

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2