Re: Invoke an application on windows

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 05:53:57 EDT

I don't think anything is available to let you run Windows apps on AIX.
It's relatively simple with Linux or BSD, using something like Wine. It
MIGHT be possible to get that to run on AIX, but I wouldn't bet on it.

There are some tools to allow normal UNIX commands to work on Windows. e.g.
So you can use "ls" instead of "dir". I don't know of anything that will
let you run, say, KornShell scripts on Windows. It's possible, of course,
but you're more likely to find "bash" than "ksh" I would guess. (They're
quite similar.)

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.