Memory limitation per process in AIX 5.2

From: Drew Myers (myersd@VANGUARDCAR.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 10:28:41 EDT

Hello all,

I've been working with an Oracle DBA lately, and he's asked me something
I don't know the answer to. Is there a per-process memory limitation in
AIX 5.2? The way my system is currently configured there is no hard
limit, but he can't seem to access more than 2GB, regardless of what he
sets STACK and DATA to via ulimit.

In HPUX, there's a kernel parameter that controls this, but I thought in
AIX this was all dynamic. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Drew