Re: TCPIP question...

From: Raj Atwal (atwalrs@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 11:50:57 EDT

Just to clarify and this is quite impressive....

"You can have up to eight Ethernet adapters per EtherChannel."

from IBM AIX Reference book.

Bill Verzal <BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM> wrote:
If you switch supports it, Etherchannel is is your choice - but my other
admin thinks you are limited to 2, not 4.

BV

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

"Jorgenson,
Stewart"
GRAM.COM> aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Sent by: IBM AIX cc
Discussion List
EDU> TCPIP question...

04/23/2004 09:56
AM

Please respond to
IBM AIX
Discussion List

Is it possible to have multiple (4) Ethernet adapters to appear as one
address? Is there a name for it?
I am not aware of it, and someone is asking me to do it...

Thanks!

Stewart Jorgenson