Re: ACL permissions on a directory and all of its sub-directories

From: Miller, Dave (I.S.) (Dave.Miller@BHS.ORG)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 06:25:32 EDT

good question. I'll try it. -----Original Message----- From: IBM AIX Discussion List [mailto:aix-l@Princeton.EDU] On Behalf Of Green, Simon Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 5:10 AM To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU Subject: Re: ACL permissions on a directory and all of its sub-directories Is it not sufficient to just control access to the parent directory with ACLs, then make the sub-directories 775, or similar? -- Simon Green Altria ITSC Europe Ltd AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated. Please post all follow-ups to the list. -----Original Message----- From: Miller, Dave (I.S.) [mailto:Dave.Miller@BHS.ORG] Sent: 14 April 2004 19:12 To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU Subject: Re: ACL permissions on a directory and all of its sub-directories anyone have a creative way of doing it with sudo? -----Original Message----- From: IBM AIX Discussion List [mailto:aix-l@Princeton.EDU] On Behalf Of Kumar, Praveen (cahoot) Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 9:51 AM To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU Subject: Re: ACL permissions on a directory and all of its sub-directories Dave, I also had a similar requirement and i could not do it, but i think acl holds good only at a file level and not directory level. Correct me if i am wrong. -----Original Message----- From: Miller, Dave (I.S.) [mailto:Dave.Miller@BHS.ORG] Sent: 14 April 2004 14:44 To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU Subject: ACL permissions on a directory and all of its sub-directories Can someone tell me if I can make an ACL apply to a directory AND all of its sub-directories/files? ----------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender immediately or by telephone at (413) 794-0000 and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments. For further information regarding Baystate Health System's privacy policy, please visit our Internet web site at http://www.baystatehealth.com.