ACL permissions on a directory and all of its sub-directories

From: Miller, Dave (I.S.) (Dave.Miller@BHS.ORG)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 09:43:37 EDT

Can someone tell me if I can make an ACL apply to a directory AND all of its sub-directories/files? Example: # ls -le total 56 drwxr-xr-x+ 11 root sys 512 Aug 15 2003 app ACL for app directory is attributes: base permissions owner(root): rwx group(sys): r-x others: r-x extended permissions enabled permit r-x u:en09613 I want this user to have r_x on everything below and including app Thanks. ----------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender immediately or by telephone at (413) 794-0000 and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments. For further information regarding Baystate Health System's privacy policy, please visit our Internet web site at http://www.baystatehealth.com.